Aging can affect your skin cell turnover, preventing your skin from shedding the top layer of dead cells and buildup as often as it should. Moreover, direct exposure to sun rays and environmental factors can make things even worse by causing:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Pigmentation issues such as blemishes, dark spots
- Signs of sun damage
- Acne breakouts and acne scars
- Uneven skin tone
- Large open pores
Luckily, skin resurfacing is one of the most hassle-free, safe, and effective skin treatments that can address these skin concerns as well as rejuvenate your skin from within.
Read on to know more.
WHAT IS SKIN RESURFACING?
Skin resurfacing is a non-surgical and minimally invasive treatment that improves skin texture and tone and treats a wide range of skin concerns by removing the top layer of dead skin cells.
Such skin treatments work by causing controlled micro-injuries on your skin to trigger a series of skin healing responses, such as the increased production of collagen and elastin and faster skin cell turnover.
Some resurfacing treatments (such as microneedling and light peels) target the skin’s top layer to reduce superficial skin concerns such as acne scars, blemishes, and open pores. While others (such as laser treatments and deep peels) can penetrate relatively deeper into your skin to address rather serious concerns including deep static wrinkles.
Although advanced skin resurfacing treatments are safe for all skin types and skin tones, only a well-trained and licensed provider can help determine -and provide- the right treatment option for you.
BENEFITS OF SKIN RESURFACING
Skin resurfacing can help you achieve your desired skin goals, with the results easily surpassing the effectiveness of other skin treatments. Here are just some of the amazing benefits of skin resurfacing treatments:
- Softens the look of moderate to severe fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces the appearance of acne and other scars
- Evens out your skin texture
- Firms up your skin
- Helps even out skin tone by addressing common pigmentation issues
- Promotes skin healing from the inside out
- Boosts natural collagen and elastin production
- Improves vascular lesions
- Shrinks enlarged pores
Types of Skin Resurfacing Treatments
Some of the most commonly performed skin resurfacing treatments include microneedling, laser skin resurfacing, and chemical peels. Here’s how they work:
1. Microneedling – This procedure involves hundreds of tiny micro-injuries on your skin that stimulate your body’s natural skin healing process to increase the production of collagen and elastin.
2. Laser skin treatments – Laser skin resurfacing treatments such as eC02 Plus, TotalSkin by Lutronic, and IPL work by delivering high-energy, controlled, and calibrated light waves to correct common skin concerns.
3. Chemical Peels – The treatment involves the application of chemical solutions to your skin to slough off the top layer of dead skin cells and build up, revealing brighter, smoother, and younger-looking skin from underneath.
Are Skin Resurfacing Treatments Safe?
These advanced skin resurfacing treatments use revolutionary technologies that can deliver remarkable results for all skin types and skin tones. However, the expertise of a well-trained provider can help you achieve smoother, vibrant, and youthful skin without the risk of side effects.
At Hebe Medical Spa, our licensed experts are well-equipped and well-trained to perform different skin resurfacing treatments, including microneedling and laser treatments. They have helped many people achieve their desired results at both their practices in Latham and Fishkill, NY – and can do the same for you.
So, why wait? Book a consultation today and get one step closer to your #skingoals.